Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lasagna, Part II

Well, I have learned that lasagna is about the perfect food to take to work and reheat in the microwave. I like almost everything about it, but as I said earlier, I might rethink the noodle part. And I also think the real key is seasoning the bolognaise sauce, which in my first attempt was a little wimpy. More seasoning is called for, probably especially because I was using ground turkey instead of ground beef.

On the positive side, I really do like that I put the grilled eggplant in. I think I will always try to buy an eggplant anytime I am planning on firing up the grill. Turns into sort of a freebie on the coals. Just like my old trick of throwing a few extra potatoes on; leftover baked potatoes are always a bonus. (I also do that when I'm using the oven for something -- throw a few potatoes in; I don't care what anyone says, an actual baked potato is way better than a microwaved potato any day. And you can do so much with them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
This is me enjoying a limoncello in Rome on the last night of our trip to Italy. Funny thing is, I don't really like limoncello that much, but thought it would be great in a dessert. And wouldn't you know, The Barefoot Contessa just did a great fruit salad with limoncello. So now I can't. Oh, well.