Monday, April 20, 2009

First-timer's lasagna



Yes, it's true. I've never made lasagna before. I have a lot of nerve even trying it, as my sister-in-law is half Italian AND allegedly has a killer lasagna recipe. Of course, she could share it. ...

I used basically a sauce bolognaise that I made in order to use some ground turkey that I had gotten on sale. I spiced it up pretty good. I had Parmesan, but bought the lasagna noodles, mozzarella and ricotta. I also had some leftover grilled eggplant slices, and thought, "Why not?"

I am not entirely sure I believe the lasagna noodle package that said I didn't have to precook them. In a couple of places, the noodles were a little crunchy. Maybe my sauce was a little too thick to give them enough moisture. But this still beats any frozen lasagna I have used.

So now it is a matter of getting my hands on the best recipe. Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
This is me enjoying a limoncello in Rome on the last night of our trip to Italy. Funny thing is, I don't really like limoncello that much, but thought it would be great in a dessert. And wouldn't you know, The Barefoot Contessa just did a great fruit salad with limoncello. So now I can't. Oh, well.