Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hummus, a quest

Had dinner last night at a Lebanese restaurant that has the best hummus I've ever tasted. In fact, not long ago, I didn't think I even liked hummus, which means what I had tasted was, well, not very good. So that will be one of my next recipe quests. I could swear there was yogurt in the hummus, but all the traditional recipes I've seen use chick peas, tahini and lemon juice. It appears to be very simple to make, but again, this was special. Maybe they just really whipped the tahini and lemon juice together to make it so fluffy, like making mayonnaise. Anyway, that will be a challenge to replicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
This is me enjoying a limoncello in Rome on the last night of our trip to Italy. Funny thing is, I don't really like limoncello that much, but thought it would be great in a dessert. And wouldn't you know, The Barefoot Contessa just did a great fruit salad with limoncello. So now I can't. Oh, well.