Sunday, September 5, 2010

Scallops with lobster sauce


Last night, after devouring the lobster tails, I put the shells in some water and boiled them. Then refrigerated the resulting lobster stock. So tonight, I took that stock, boiled it down some more, added butter and white wine, cooked it down some more, quickly cooked scallops in butter, made toast, and poured the lobster sauce over the scallops and toast. Unfortunately, you can't see or smell what that lobster sauce does, but trust me. Among other things, that's the best toast anyone has ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
This is me enjoying a limoncello in Rome on the last night of our trip to Italy. Funny thing is, I don't really like limoncello that much, but thought it would be great in a dessert. And wouldn't you know, The Barefoot Contessa just did a great fruit salad with limoncello. So now I can't. Oh, well.