Wednesday, March 25, 2009


OK, nothing great about this recipe, but I have to brag: It's March 25, going on 26th, and that arugula in the upper half of the picture is FROM MY GARDEN!!!! I also have spinach growing that I can clip a few leaves from, and I've already had to thin the radishes. All are in containers -- big honkin' pots, actually -- and yes, a couple of nights I have put newspapers over them to protect from frost, although I think these three things would have been fine anyway.

Steak. Most people would grill it. I really like to cook steak in a searingly hot cast iron skillet because then I can add mushrooms and butter and wine. The steak comes out great, and I get a great sauce for free. Can't do that on a grill.

Just wait until I start getting beets from my garden. It'll be a few weeks. I will have more to share then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
This is me enjoying a limoncello in Rome on the last night of our trip to Italy. Funny thing is, I don't really like limoncello that much, but thought it would be great in a dessert. And wouldn't you know, The Barefoot Contessa just did a great fruit salad with limoncello. So now I can't. Oh, well.