Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hey, sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I will make it up to you. But for now, a rant.
The food processing/marketing people are marketing microwavable steamer bags. Guess what? Anything you cook in a microwave is being steamed. That's what microwaves do. So you can buy the bag o' veggies, put whatever you want to cook for the day into a microwavable container -- I recommend a Pyrex quart-size measuring cup -- with a tablespoon of water. And zap.

Of course they will be better sauteed, but I'm saying -- if you are going to microwave, don't fall for the expensive format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
This is me enjoying a limoncello in Rome on the last night of our trip to Italy. Funny thing is, I don't really like limoncello that much, but thought it would be great in a dessert. And wouldn't you know, The Barefoot Contessa just did a great fruit salad with limoncello. So now I can't. Oh, well.